Alternative to Flat White
I am a coffee-person.
I always like to start the day with a cup of warm flat white, it just makes me feel so awake, and the creamy texture of milk is very delicious too. Sometimes I had one more in the afternoon in between works to refresh my mind.
However, as I decided giving up coffee & dairy for a while (because of my skin and also give myself a detox period*), I have been searching for an alternative. Green tea latte or chai tea Latte with almond milk... and then I remember I've tried this drink in Vienna - Golden Milk!
Turmeric milk, also sometimes referred to as golden milk, is an infusion of either dry turmeric powder or fresh turmeric root in milk. Health benefits of having this drink are more than you think, here are some:
- Strengthen immunity system
- Improve digestion & Relieve bloating
- Better skin condition: reduces acne, lighten scars & removes fine lines
- Reduce periods pain
- Help preventing cancer etc...
For me, a cup of warm Golden Milk is very good to start up early morning, at the same time it cures my craving for coffee - as it has a natural spicy(pepper-like) taste, if you like the spiciness of Chai Tea, you will definitely love this creamy and comforting Golden Milk too.
Here is a little recipe for it (Very easy to make & it takes less than 3 minutes to prepare!)...
Vegan & Easy Golden Milk
- 1 cup of unsweetened plain Almond Milk (here I use Califia from Green Common) (or any kind of milk of your choices)
- 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder (here I use Terrasoul from Green Common)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- Some Agave Syrup (or any kind of sweetener of choice, like honey, maple syrup etc...)
First, warm up the milk in a small sauce pan in medium heat. Then put everything inside and keep whisking it. Then you can enjoy it immediately. And maybe sprinkle a little more of cinnamon powder on top of it too!
And it helps to sleep better if you have it as an evening drink too. Let me know what do you like to have for breakfast and if you like my easy recipe for Golden Milk too.